Company: Bobst North America Inc.
Position: Field Service Industrial Electrical Technician – Folding Carton West Coast/East Coast
Objectives: Bobst North America Inc. is the sole North American distributor for Bobst Group SA, manufacturer of Converting Equipment for the Printing, Packaging and Label industry. This position provides timely and efficient electrical machine repairs, installations, upgrades and training services for customers in the Folding Carton product line. This individual will serve as the front-line representative of Bobst North America for Folding Carton machines.
Position Summary: The Field Service Technician is the backbone of an extensive support network of personnel and assets, worldwide. This trusted advisor is the key customer representative, responsible for confirming, clarifying and meeting the customer’s expectations at every stage of contact and on every service project pertaining to Folding Carton machines. The Field Service Technician possesses a strong background in the principals of industrial electrical controls, technologies and is specifically familiar with the intricacies of Folding Carton machines. He/she thinks logically and enjoys solving problems with creativity, diligence and achievement.
Principal Responsibilities: Machine Service and Training on the Folding Carton product line. Includes the repair and installation of new machines; relocation of existing equipment, customer training; preventive maintenance, Productivity Improvement Programs; ordering parts necessary to perform installations and repair; troubleshoot electrical problems and proactively recommend the necessary service and maintenance programs.
Critical Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Electrical/Problem Solving skills
- Use of DVM, Oscilloscope, and related testing equipment
- Ability to read and comprehend European electrical diagrams
- Understanding of Motor Control elements and controls
- Understanding of VF Drives Concepts and Programming
- Open loop, Close loop, and Servo control concepts
- Understanding of PLC and remote I/O Concepts
- Use of Microsoft Office Software products
- Ability to Communicate Effectively
- Time and Priority Management
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with Products in the Folding Carton product line
- Customer Service Orientation
- Goal Oriented
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Team Player
- Positive Work Ethic/Professional Attitude
- Immigration and relocation to the US
- 3 year posting in BNA with possibility to extend
- Local US dollar salary
- Medical, accident and life insurance
- Other company benefits
If this profile interests you and you are ready to meet new challenges, please send your completed application (CV in English, work certificates and educational diplomas) to Bobst North America human resources.