Association News: BIA
Emerging Retail Trends
In Printing Industries of Americas April issue of The Magazine, Valerie Price, BIA chair and director of business at Coyne Graphic Finishing, wrote an article, Emerging Retail Trends and Their Effect on the Finishing Industry. Prices insight lets readers in on the common needs of clients and how her business has adapted to their requests. She talks about a shift to digital, cutting costs and the need for more long-term durable displays. To read the full article, visit prnt.in/RetailTrendsFinishingEffects.
New Look for BIAs Website
PIA is in the process of launching a new website, which means BIAs webpages will have a new look. We will continue to populate the website with new information, but we need your help. If you want to be listed on Find A Bindery or BIA Supplier, please send the following information so we can create your own page on the site:
- Company logo
- Company description
- Contact information
- Links to your site
Much of the information we currently have is outdated.
Continuing Education Opportunity
We are still looking for help with the Post Press and Finishing Orientation Course, which is new for 2017. This course will highlight key areas of bindery, such as safety, cutters, folds, binding and finishing options. This course will be geared toward new postpress employees.
Suppliers, we need your support! If you are a company interested in sponsoring the Post Press and Finishing Orientation Course, you will have the opportunity to demo your product in a video within the training.
BIA Member Benefits
Dont forget to take advantage of the benefits you receive as a BIA member!
- Exclusive discounts on products, as well as networking and educational events
- Access to professional peer-networking forums
- Free economic reports focusing on postpress companies (participation in the survey required)
- An informational monthly e-newsletter
- Discounted online learning at the iLearning Center
- Free technical support
- Quarterly magazine focusing on post press
- Access to the BIA member-only listserv
Benefits for your business:
- Learn about cutting-edge trends in finishing equipment and technology and how to apply them to your operation
- Discover ways to expand your offerings and product lines
- Branch into growing markets, such as packaging, with the necessary skills, equipment and other resources
- Increase on-time order delivery and meet customer demands
- Become more competitive in your market
By joining BIA, you belong to an organization dedicated to supporting and enhancing our industry. We are your advocate, helping you increase growth and profitability every day. BIA is your postpress resource. Joining BIA helps your organization by offering benefits you cannot get anywhere else. Members gain access to an abundance of resources that deliver results to enhance your success today and in the future.
For more information about membership in BIA, contact Mike Packard at 412.259.1704 or firstname.lastname@example.org.