Continuing Education Opportunities
Are you looking for opportunities for continuing education in the industry? How about for your employees? At Printing Industries’ iLearning Center, you have an array of online courses at your fingertips. Some of the courses include the following:
- Seven Basic Tools for Process Improvement presented by John Compton
- Makeready Reduction presented by Malcolm Keif and Kevin Cooper
- Power Selling Program presented by Leslie Groene
- Vertical Marketing – A Guide to Profits presented by Thaddeus Kubis
- Hazard Communication: Train the Trainer presented by Gary Jones and Caitlin Seiler
New for 2017 will be a postpress and finishing orientation course. This course will highlight key areas of the bindery, such as safety, cutters, folds, binding options and finishing options. This course will be geared toward new postpress employees.
Suppliers, we need your support! We are looking for companies interested in sponsoring this course, so you can have the opportunity to demo your product in a video in the training course. If interested, contact Mike Packard at 412.259.1704 or email@example.com.
Financial Benchmarking for Postpress Companies
The Ratios have long been a compilation of accurate financial information from hundreds of printing and related graphic arts firms. They allow companies to gain access to financial and productivity benchmarks that can help your company become more efficient, productive, confident, focused and profitable. Printing Industries of America Ratios, 2015-16 Edition Volume 10: Binders organizes operating and sales information by sales size and product specialty (pamphlet, loose leaf, etc.). The 2016-2017 edition will be available at the beginning of 2017. BIA member price is $129 and the non-member price is $499. Contact Mike Packard at 412.259.1704 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
BIA Member Benefits
Don’t forget to take advantage of the benefits you receive as a BIA member …
- Exclusive discounts on products, as well as networking and educational events
- Access to professional peer-networking forums
- Free economic reports focusing on postpress companies (participation in the survey required)
- An informational monthly e-newsletter
- Discounted online learning at the iLearning Center (www.printing.org/iLearning)
- Free technical support
- Quarterly magazine focusing on postpress
- Access to the BIA member-only listserv
Benefits for your business:
- Learn about cutting-edge trends in finishing equipment and technology and how to apply them to your operation
- Discover ways to expand your offerings and product lines
- Branch into hot, growing markets, such as packaging, with the necessary skills, equipment and other resources
- Increase on-time order delivery and meet customer demands
- Become more competitive in your market
By joining BIA, you belong to an organization dedicated to supporting and enhancing our industry. We are your advocate, helping you increase growth and profitability every day. BIA is your postpress resource. Joining BIA helps your organization with numerous benefits you cannot get anywhere else. Members gain access to an abundance of resources that deliver results to enhance your success today and in the future.
For more information about membership in BIA, contact Mike Packard at 412.259.1704 or by email at email@example.com.
Looking for a Bindery or a Supplier to Help with an Upcoming Project?
Are you looking for a trusted company to bind your project? Need a new piece of equipment or do you just need to buy supplies? Make sure to visit and bookmark www.printing.org/BIA and check out the FindABindery feature to locate a qualified binder. Additionally, there is a BIA Supplier link containing a list and description of manufacturers. With valuable listings of BIA members on both the manufacturer and supplier end, it’s easy to find excellent partners to deliver the high-quality work your customers demand.
We are continually updating this information, but if your company is not listed or you need your information changed/updated, contact Mike Packard at 412.259.1704 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find BIA on Social Media
Don’t forget to connect with BIA on Social Media. Find us on Twitter (@BindingInd) and on LinkedIn at BIA (Binding Industries Association).