Consumer concerns and tightening regulations have intensified the drive for more sustainable and safe packaging. At the same time, improving performance and efficiency are important. To answer the demand, Espoo, Finland-based Metsä Board, a producer of premium fresh fiber paperboards, has introduced a collaborative 360º Service approach to deliver measurable benefits throughout the packaging value chain. From easy recyclability to brand impact, production and supply chain efficiency, reducing environmental impact and beyond, this new service complements its premium paperboard offering.
Successful circular economy solutions require innovation and knowledge-sharing partnerships. Mika Joukio, CEO at Metsä Board, said the market is moving very fast, so partnerships are needed and companies who can collaborate, develop and test new solutions at speed will win. At Metsä Board, the company knows its materials – premium lightweight paperboards – inside out.
The Metsä Board 360º Service approach is based on the extensive paperboard and packaging expertise gained from decades of collaboration with global technology providers, research institutes, brand owners, converters, printers, corrugators, and logistics and IT providers.
The new 360º Service approach consists of five options:
- Sustainability Service to ensure compliance and maximize the sustainability of paperboard packaging.
- Packaging Design Service to provide better consumer experiences with less environmental impact.
- Technical Service uses Metsä Board’s in-depth technical expertise to help improve converting efficiency and packaging performance.
- R&D Service offers extensive testing capabilities and possibilities to explore new opportunities in joint R&D projects.
- Supply Chain and Digital Service enables responsive, sustainable and reliable paperboard supply across the globe.
For more information, visit www.metsaboard.com.