Spiral Binding LLC, Totowa, New Jersey, a manufacturer and distributor of print finishing, graphic arts and presentation products and services, now offers the Akiles CoilMac-EX, an all-in-one electric coil punch, electric inserter and manual crimper.
The Akiles CoilMac-EX makes coil binding fast, easy, convenient and professional; it’s the ideal partner for customers that have medium volume workloads. The CoilMac-EX is a more cost-effective solution for those customers that don’t have the production requirements needed for an Akiles CoilMac-EPI system, but are looking for a more robust and durable machine than an Akiles AlphaCoil-E.
The CoilMac-EX was built on the same platform as the CoilMac-EPI but with a smaller motor to reduce cost. The CoilMac-EX also is available in two versions, one with 4:1 .250 pitch round holes and a second version – the CoilMac-EX Plus – with 4:1 .248 oval holes, making it perfect for customers looking for a high-quality machine with a limited budget and mid-volume workloads.
The CoilMac-EX features:
- Round Holes – Standard 4 mm round holes
- 5 Disengageable Pins – Specially designed disengageable positions guarantee a clean punch with most standard paper sizes, making the CoilMac-EX very simple to use.
- Standard 4:1 Pitch (.250): Standard pitch for coil binding. Punches 43 holes in a 11″ sheet.
The CoilMac-EX Plus features:
- Oval holes – Special 4 x 5 mm oval holes, makes coil insertion much faster as compared to standard round holes.
- Fully Disengageable Pins – For a completely clean and professional punching of any paper size, all 54 pins can be independently pulled and disengaged.
- Letter 4:1 pitch (.248) – The .248 coil pitch is specifically designed to give you 44 evenly-centered holes in an 11″ sheet, which provides the most ideal hole to edge-of-sheet margins and easier coil insertion. Hole pattern is 100% compatible with 4:1 pitch coils.
For more information, visit www.spiralbinding.com.